Passionate and Skilled Volunteers Needed for our
Biggest Season Ever!
Become an usher, greeter, or work in concessions!
Join our Build Team and help build fabulous sets!
Throughout our theatre season hundreds of volunteers play a leading role in the success of our productions by contributing their skills and enthusiasm to the London Community Players at the Palace Theatre. We need volunteers to help with our Box Office, ushering, assisting with props, make-up, costumes, sound, lighting and much more.
Bring a friend, usher together and enjoy the shows by committing a few hours of your time and talent! We have no minimum time commitment and an easy online sign up system.
You will have a chance to meet new people, use your skills or learn new ones, support the local arts community and most of all - you will be an important part of our dynamic team.
NEEDED VOLUNTEER ROLES:
- Front of House duties - including ushering, greeting patrons, 50/50 ticket sales, concession sales and other related activities.
- Administrative support to staff and assisting with special projects.
- Assisting with special events and outreach programs.
- Acting as welcoming, knowledgeable hosts and ambassadors for our organization and supporting our efforts to ensure our patrons have an outstanding experience at the historic Palace Theatre.
Where is the Theatre?
The Palace Theatre is located at 710 Dundas Street, in Old East Village, London ON
What are the requirements for a theatre usher or box office volunteers?
- Outgoing personality, excellent customer service skills, exceptionally reliable.
- Computer experience/skills required for box office ticket sales
- Concession volunteers must be Smart Serve certified
- No minimum time commitment required
- Minimum age for a Theatre usher is 16 years of age.
How do I apply?
The online application is available below or you may pick up a paper application at the Box Office. Questions about volunteering should be directed to Sue Brooks, Coordinator of Volunteer and Mentorship. To speak to Sue via telephone, call (519) 432-1029.
Please fill out the following form to reach our Volunteer Coordinator, Sue Brooks.
The London Community Players owe a debt of gratitude to the multitude of volunteers who present our shows, serve on our Board and Committees, mentor the LYTE program and make our Theatre what it is today. From the bottom of our hearts, thank-you!
For more information contact the office at 519-432-1029 or email: email@example.com